Seating and Positioning Accessories for Wheelchairs
Custom Design and Manufacturing
Innovators offers the possibility of customizing our products to meet the client’s specific needs.
Some of the most frequent customizations include:
- Adding Elasto-Gel or Sunmate Foam
- Changes in dimentions
- Changes in types or thickness of foam
- Choosing a different covering
Pricing for most customizations are done on a quote basis. If you would like to order one of our products customized to your specifications please phone us or fax us a diagram complete with dimensions and details and we would be happy to contact you with a quote
In many cases, clients who require special seating are also at risk for skin breakdown (pressure sores). This is generally caused by four factors: increased pressure, temperature build up, moisture and friction (shearing).
The same product may be incorporated into any of the Innovators products as a customization to prevent skin breakdown. The product is a solid gel used raw with a soft Lycra or Soft Brushed Nylon cover. The gel provides excellent pressure relief, always remains 2 to 3 degrees below body temperature and reduces shearing.
The Elasto-gel® may be used under a breathable fabric cover, or, in cases of lower risk, may be used under vinyl for easier maintenance.
- S135 – Gel Insert
- S113 – Gel Insert – Back (thoracic area)
- S114 – Gel Insert – Back (full spinal area)
- S110 – Gel Insert – Back (total area)
- S126 – Gel Insert – Bolster
- S129 – Gel Insert – Extended Armpad
- S111 – Gel Insert – Extended Armpad (full length)
- S127 – Gel Insert – Foot Board
- S119 – Gel Insert – Foot Plate Pad
- S128 – Gel Insert – Legrest Panel
- S125 – Gel Insert – Tray (each)
- S130 – Gel Pad (smaller than 6″x8″)
- S148 – Gel Pad 16×18
- S149 – Gel Pad 2″ x 5″ Adjustable Legstrap soft
Part # S301 and S301-F
EXTRA LARGE BRACKETS
For Full, Half And Trough Trays
Innovators has come up with a solution to the problem of thicker arm pads on certain wheelchairs. These new brackets are deeper than our standard brackets for full, trough and half trays and are intended only for use on the chairs with thicker arm pads. The brackets are still adjustable for the width of arm pad and will also come with the instructions for adjusting accordingly. These brackets can be swapped out with the existing brackets if needed. Please inform all employees affected by this new change.
To order a full, half or trough tray with the XL brackets, specify XL Brackets on the order.
To order XL brackets separately, request: S301 for half and trough trays or S301-F for full trays